E-2 Visa: Calling Investors from Treaty Countries to Apply for E-2 Visa to U.S.A

Posted by Mohaimina HaqueJan 06, 20230 Comments

The E-2 Investor Visa is a nonimmigrant visa that allows foreign nationals to enter and work in the United States based on their investment in a U.S. business. This visa is specifically designed for individuals who are looking to start or purchase a business in the United States and manage it actively.

To be eligible for an E-2 Investor Visa, you must be a national of a country that has a treaty of commerce and navigation with the United States. Find out here if you come from a treaty country.  You must be coming to the United States solely to develop and direct the investment enterprise. This means that you must be an essential part of the business and have a controlling interest in it.

To apply for an E-2 Investor Visa, you must first set up your business in the United States and show that you have invested a substantial amount of capital in it. The exact amount of capital required will depend on the type of business you are starting, but it must be enough to ensure the successful operation of the business. We help clients to establish their entity and also take care of their corporate needs in additional legal representation for immigration. 

Once your business is established, you can apply for an E-2 Investor Visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate in your home country or as a change of status if you were in the United States on a different non-immigrant visa such as F-1 or B1/B2. The application process will require you to submit various documents, including proof of your investment, a business plan, and evidence of your nationality.

If your E-2 Investor Visa is approved, you will be able to enter the United States–if you apply from overseas, and work in your business for an initial period of up to five years. This visa can be renewed indefinitely as long as you continue to meet the renewal requirements and your business is still operating.

One of the benefits of the E-2 Investor Visa is that it allows you to bring your spouse and children with you to the United States. Your spouse will be able to work in the United States on an E-2 dependent visa, and your children will be able to attend school until the age of 21 years of age.

Overall, the E-2 Investor Visa is a great option for foreign nationals who are looking to start or purchase a business in the United States and manage it actively. If you meet the requirements and are ready to invest in a U.S. business, this visa can provide you with the opportunity to live and work in the United States while growing your business.

In order to achieve great results for clients, my team and I meticulously attend to details while ensuring that the process is seamless for clients.  Compared to the bulk of immigration attorneys, my experience has been very different.  I also provide knowledge from my training and employment experience in federal government agencies, the White House, and Capitol Hill. My prior experience has made me informed, astute, and effective, all of which have a significant positive impact on my clientele.

If you are wondering how much E-2 visa legal representation will cost?  Please schedule a consultation today using this link: Appointment Link to find out about our reasonable legal fees.   

If you want to know the government filing fee, the USCIS fee calculator on the following link: https://www.uscis.gov/feecalculator can assist you in determining the exact application fees.  

We are here to fulfill your dreams to run your business in the US and live in the US with your family. 

We represented an E-2 treaty investor who applied for E-2 status in U.S. under premium processing (extra fee payable to USCIS) and we got this approved within 6 days.*
*Results vary. Consult with us. Attorney advertisement.